FAQs & Updates
Foothill Horizons Summer Camp is a one-of-a-kind summer camp for FUN, friendship, imagination, and independence!
It is open to children entering grades 2-12. It is located in the beautiful, rustic foothills of Sonora California on 143 wooded acres and is owned and operated by Stanislaus County Office of Education.
Since its first year of welcoming campers in 1980, Foothill Horizons Summer Camp has served generations of families from the California area, other states, and even international participants. Many of our Foothill Family campers come back each summer for this magical experience, even if their families have moved away from our geographic area. Our campers cherish the fun and friendship they experience here and cannot wait to join us again and have a special week with the friends they have made.
All facilities are ADA compliant and have heating and cooling.
Registration opens January 26, 2024!
We are back to a 7-week summer in Sonora!
- We are back to a full seven week summer at our newly refurbished home site in Sonora!
- I need to add or cancel the bus. How do I change it?
- How do I get the discounts, if they apply to me?
- I need to cancel! How much money will I get back?
- How can I switch from one session to another?
- Is it possible for my children to attend together?
- Is the COVID-19 vaccination required to attend camp?